VIEWINGS FOR SUMMER 2018 HOUSING START JAN 2018
STOP LOOKING !! OUR ALL BILLS INCLUSIVE LUXURY 5 AND 6 BEDROOM STUDENT HOUSING CAN BE RESERVED NOW FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2018/19. VIEWINGS START JAN 2018 FOR JULY/AUG/SEP 2018 MOVE IN. CHECK OUR SEPARATE LONDON STUDENT HOUSING WEB SITE BY CLICKING ON THE "READ MORE" LINK BELOW. WE ARE A FULL SERVICE STUDENT HOUSING PROVIDER REGISTERED WITH THE GOVERNMENT BACKED HOUSING OMBUDSMAN, THE PROPERTY OMBUDSMAN, NLA, LLAS AND ALL THE MAIN LONDON UNIVERSITIES. 020 3137 1155. Read More...
place homes - why rent accommodation and housing in london from us
Why rent student housing from place homes
Renting from us uniquely gives tenants the benefits associated with renting through a large corporate agent (access to quality properties, 24 hour telephone + email back up 365 days a year, resources and impartiality) with none of the negatives (high fees, complex administration, delays, inflexibility and lack of office personnel continuity). For students we aim to provide a comparable level of service and standard of accommodation to that available through the bulk private housing schemes offered by Unite, Nido and Liberty but on competitive terms and with none of the corporate negatives and institutional rules which necessarily apply to these large schemes.
Despite growing in size and scope over the last ten years to now include social housing through our housing association partners and corporate letting to banks and embassy clients, our student and graduate housing remains separately managed and well resourced, and a key element to our continuing success.
We understand that in the competitive student housing market, this success depends on the complete satisfaction of student and graduate tenants which can only be maintained if we are properly regulated, accessible and approachable at senior management and decision making level, invest to maintain and improve properties to meet changing demands and regulations, and always provide a high standard of personal and professional service.
The importance with which we regard student housing as part of our business model is reflected in our separate dedicated student housing web sites, the significant financial investment we have made in upgrading our student housing sites to hotel standard over the last 24 months, and our ISO 9001: 2008 certification covering the supply and management of shared off street residential accommodation to students.
Many student and graduate tenants renew their tenancies more than once (recently for up to six years, although at different sites) through university and into graduation and their first job. This endorsement in itself says more than we possibly can. For more details about our student housing and to transfer to our dedicated student housing web site, click here.
A more general summary follows below.
Our service is better because:
- All tenants renting from us benefit from in house property management and document production by professionally qualified staff.
- Student tenants have their own separate pass-worded on line “self management” resources area where they (and their parents) can access all instruction manuals, gas safety certificates, television licence and other relevant information about their property at any time.
- All tenants can also contact us 24 hours a day by e-mail, voicemail and sms text, facilitating communication out of normal office hours, but with confidence that their enquiry will be dealt with. We now operate the most technically advanced communications platforms, with VOIP technology backed up by traditional telecoms, and supported by externally monitored e-mail, voicemail and sms text management.
- Although tenants tell us that they find our automated systems reliable and effective, it is still always possible to speak to someone with the authority to make an on the spot decision about anything which is important, so if tenants need an answer urgently, they get one !
- All tenants are issued with a direct dial number for a dedicated named contact who will manage their property throughout the course of their tenancy and this should be the only person whom tenants need to contact and if they are not available calls will be automatically transferred to our main London reception.
- For when things go wrong we provide 24 hour managed emergency contact which tenants can access directly through our 020 automated switchboard 365 days a year, with guaranteed response targets. If you have an emergency, you will always be able to speak to someone.
- To assist those tenants with specific needs under the Equalities Act 2010, at least one sleeping room in each house has fitted carpet, and at least one sleeping room in each house is accessible without stairs. We will make reasonable adjustments for tenants where physical conditions permit. Some properties have a downstairs WC and downstairs shower room and we can assist tenants in identifying these properties when booking accommodation.
- We follow the Commission For Racial Equality's code of practice on housing, so we will never discriminate on grounds of race, ethnic background, colour or nationality and we do not discriminate on grounds of sexual orientation.
- Every shared student house available from Place Group UK and The London Student Group already meets and greatly exceeds the fire safety standards, requirements and recommendations for Category B HMO shared student housing set out by or on behalf of The London Borough of Haringey, The Unipol Accreditation Scheme, LACORS, HHSRS, The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health and the Chief Fire Officers Association.
- All properties feature intruder alarms and mains wired carbon monoxide alarm protection (with digital display for total peace of mind).
- At every property, the exterior windows are fitted with locking handles. Where double glazing is not fitted (i.e. original sash windows) or on perceived vulnerable windows, metal security grills are also fitted as an additional precaution. All exterior doors have a minimum 5 lever security lock plus at least one additional locking device.
- All properties feature private washbasin facilities either en-suite (or allocated to) all main sleeping rooms.
- All properties feature stripped wooden floor boards or laminate wooden floors, wooden venetian blinds, modern kitchens and bathrooms, modern and efficient gas central heating systems with condensing boilers and constant hot water systems.
- All properties feature up to six additional separate shower rooms (including en-suites) (each with independent hot water provision) upgraded ovens, fridge freezers and laundry facilities, and every bedroom with own wall mounted flat screen television.
- All properties are offered on the legendary "all bills inclusive" package with completely unlimited and unmonitored use of electric, gas, water, heating, freeview tv and minimum 100mb Category 6 wired (and wireless N) internet plus free landline telephone with 020 number, with no further budgeting worries and no paperwork to complete, providing a "turnkey" move in.
- Students at every property also benefit from free SKY TV and Virgin Media TV (including "on demand" services) plus the security and peace of mind that comes from having a separate additional back up ADSL internet supply (in addition to the main high speed 100mb fibre optic supply) ensuring as far as possible that students renting from us have guaranteed internet access at all times.
Our service is different because:
- We don't let houses for any other landlords, so we have complete control over standards.
- Our houses are regularly inspected independently and a record of the state and condition is retained with any issues relevant to health and safety (as required under the HHSRS- Housing Health Safety Rating System) being immediately attended to.
- We are recognised as a commercial "essential service provider" by the London Borough of Haringey.
- We carry property owners public liability insurance per house of GBP 5 Million.
- We are members of the National Landlords Association.
- We are Accredited under the London Landlord Accreditation Scheme.
- We are registered with the Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act.
- We are licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under the Consumer Credit Act.
- We have a professional and independent complaints handling procedure.
- All existing and prospective tenants benefit from the fact that we are a member of Ombudsman Services Property which is a government approved dispute resolution scheme which may be able to help with any complaints if we are unable to.
- Existing tenants additionally benefit from the fact that we are also a registered housing provider and a member of the separate Housing Ombudsman Service which is free to tenants, independent and impartial, and can deal with complaints and disputes affecting a wide range of property issues.
- We comply with the Landlord Codes Of Conduct issued by the main London Universities such as the University of London, City University, Westminster University and London Metropolitan University.
- Students and their guarantors consistently tell us that we provide a better service (as well as better accommodation) than other landlords and that our management style is open fair and honest.
- We have a policy of contributing our time to the community in which we own houses. We carry out free maintenance for vulnerable neighbours. We contribute to local mentoring and youth education and rehabilitation projects, support homeless charities and give free housing advice to vulnerable people, giving a vital first step to rehabilitation for the vulnerable people such organisations support.
- Whilst we are often contacted by media companies for our advice and co-operation when making programmes about housing and property, we maintain a policy of complete confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- All properties offered to sharers are Housing Act 2004 compliant, meet the amenity standards set out in the legislation, and are managed in accordance with the Houses in Multiple Occupation (England) Regulations 2006. We do not offer or let any properties where to do so would be in breach of the permitted use class under the Town and Country Planning Act.